Subscribe to the IslesBlog Podcast on iTunes
In the latest edition of the IslesBlog Podcast, Joe Buono talks with The Score’s Justin Bourne following the Isles disappointing 2-1 loss to the Rangers at Nassau Coliseum. Justin explains why he is scared of a playoff series with the Blueshirts, shares his thoughts on Kyle Okposo’s return and gives his opinion of Josh Bailey as a top line winger.
Later, the impact Nick Leddy’s injury will have on the blue line, why the Islanders are going to be a delicious avocado and John Tavares’ case for the Hart Trophy. Plus, Justin provides an update on his father Bob’s health following his fall and offers his perspective on growing up at the Nassau Coliseum and the team’s final season on Long Island.
Joe and Justin Discussed:
- Tuesday Night’s 2-1 loss to the Rangers
- Kyle Okposo’s return to the lineup
- Josh Bailey’s missed opportunities and chances of staying on top line
- The impact of Nick Leddy’s injury on defense
- The trades for Kennedy and Neuvirth
- Tavares’ odds to win the Hart Trophy
- Growing up at the Nassau Coliseum in the early 80’s
- His father (Bob Bourne) and father-in-law’s (Clark Gillies) relationship with the team